Monday 7 May 2012

Day 4: Celebrating Grime - Kano P's & Q's

Celebrating day 4 of Grime's 10 year anniversary is none other than the Grime kid himself Kano. Kano emerged on the scene at the young age of 17.  He was formerly a key member of east London’s N.A.S.T.Y. (Natural Artistic Sounds Touching You) Crew.  Kano found wide spread recognition with his debut critically acclaimed album 'Home Sweet Home'.  This was my earliest memory of Kano along with his Grime clash against Wiley on Lord of the Mics.  Both of which are two of my favourite things about the scene.  From the first time I heard Kano spit, I was hooked and despite a couple of weaker tracks since he is still one of my favourite MCs to emerge from the UK Urban scene.  In my opinion he is one of the realest and smartest lyricists.  It was too hard for me to pick just 1 Kano track and so I have narrowed it down and picked 2.  Here are the videos for 1) Ps & Qs 2) Kano vs Wiley - Lord of the Mics. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment