Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day 2: Celebrating Grime - Dizzee Rascal

My selection for Day 2 of celebrating 10 year's of Grime takes me back to raves of when I was just 18 and Grime was still fresh on the scene.  This song had people in London going mad as I was so unique and relevant to teenagers.  Year's later 'I Luv U' is critically acclaimed and still has me skanking in my bedroom or in a rave.  After this song came out I remember being asked 'who do you rate as an MC', I replied 'Dizze Rascal' the boy replied 'nah, he's just like any other East End London MC ya nah...he's not anything special'.  How wrong was he?!  10 year's later Dizzee Rascal has gone on to perform at Glastonbury, had a number one hit collaboration with Armand Van Helden on 'Bonkers' and has created his own record label 'Dirtee Stank'.  'I Luv U' is one of my all-time favourite Grime tracks - I hope you agree.  Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment